1.16.2010

13 week appointment

Thursday I got off work early, came home, watched Grey's Anatomy and Private Practice and then was WAY too excited to sleep. There was a chance I would find out the sex of my little bug. I was so excited. I finally calmed down and fell asleep a little after midnight.

About 2:15 I woke up and it felt like I wet the bed (something I consider often when its one of those every hour nights lol). I thought maybe it was just sweat or something disgusting, so i just continued onto the bathroom like normal. I turned the light on, sat down on the toilet and there was blood EVERYWHERE. I mean dripping, drenched my pants, soaked to my leg, and many other very unpleasant places.

I freaked, I cleaned it up a little bit and ran into my mom and dad's room. I said "mom, mom, mom, MOM!" (getting slightly louder everytime, she hates being yelled at to wake her up) She mumbled some type of reaction and I told her I was bleeding. She said "you are? OH NO!" It looked like it was stopping and it was turning brown, like it wasn't fresh anymore.

We looked online at different possibilities, the likeliness of it being a miscarriage or if it was possible the baby was still okay. My dad came in and offered to give me a Priesthood blessing, something I felt very good about having to save my little tiny baby. (during my blessing, my nose started bleeding, wtf!) So the bleeding finally stopped about 3:30 so I laid back down, on my left side, and tried to sleep. I called Cody and made him talk to me all night long.

About 4:45, still talking to Cody, I felt like i was sitting in blood again. I went into the bathroom, sure enough I was bleeding again, pretty heavy this time. I was so scared at this time but too scared to wake my parents up again. I just laid on the bathroom floor waiting for it to stop.

it finally stopped about 6 so I fell asleep until about 8. I woke up, took a shower and got ready for my appointment. The ONLY reason I didn't go to the hospital was because my regular appointment was at 10 AM.

Cody came and picked me up and we went to my appointment. Dr Housel was about 30 minutes behind, so we just sat in the waiting room. I was nervous, but at the same time very peaceful. I had a pretty good feeling that everything would be okay and work out. I told the nurse I was having some bleeding and she let my Dr. know. He said well lets check things out. Sure enough, little baby bug had a strong heartbeat. looking more like a baby now more than ever. I could see the spine and watch he/she move around. It was incredible. It never gets old watching he difference from week to week.

He said to monitor myself, start resting, don't work for the next few days, and if it got heavier to call him or go to the E.R. I wasn't able to get work off, so Cody, being saint, worked for me so I didn't have to. I laid around all day, my mom brought me home some pizza and her, minjung, and I watched oceans 13, until bed time!

Today I had to work for a few hours and the bleeding got the heaviest its been since the initial night it happened, but now that I am home its slowed down a ton!

I am so grateful that nothing was wrong with my little buggie. I never really realized how much I NEED this baby to be okay, until i thought she/he wasn't. I am so thankful for the opportunity to be a mother and raise this child. I already have SO much love for this little one and can't wait to meet her or him!!

2 comments:

  1. I'm SO glad your baby is ok! I need to be informed when you're having issues and I promise I will be there ANY time you need me!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. you brat, you didn't tell me you got a new blog... and oh my gosh Kate you didn't tell me about this! I'm so glad everythings okay and I can't freaking wait to see your sweet little boy!

    ReplyDelete