12.09.2010

WORST BLOGGER EVER!!

Obviously a lot has happened in 9 months. I guess I'll start with Isaak. I had retained water just about my whole pregnancy. Secretly I wanted to get toxemia so I could go on bed rest, bad ju ju. I was so exhausted from working that literally all I did was work, drive to and from work, and sleep. Poor Cody. I was the most absentee girlfriend on the planet. Well June 25th, I went to Brigham City with my friend Melissa and got my nails done. I did baby blue and brown, for my baby boy that was going to come soon! (also bad ju ju.) My back was killng me but I worked 8 hrs, sat in a car forever, then continued to sit in a pretty uncomfortable chair for 2 hrs.
After that, I went to Cody's and he made me augratin potatoes and some random other starch (per my request, or more appropriately, begging.) We started watching a movie and of course within about 2 minutes I was out. I woke up to go to the bathroom and was kinda dizzy, but my legs were massive and I was sweating to death so I, once again didn't think too much about it. I went back to bed and woke up, starting driving to work. I felt like I was going to just vomit or pee my pants or something really weird. I got to work, thought maybe I was just tired or something. What do I do? Call my man of course. I wake him up, tell him I'm dying and mr grumpy just woke up, says "are you really having contractions or is this your scheme to get me to come hang out with you at work?" Had I not been the most dramatic pregnant woman on the entire planet, that may have offended me. I told Cody I was really not feeling well and he better come hang out with me. I was having really strong contractions. They would just about knock me on my feet.
About 25 minutes later Cody shows up. (Amazing timing since he lived 20 minutes away. Have I mentioned he's amazing?) We started timing my contractions. They were about every 5 minutes and lasted for about 45 seconds. So I called Ogden Regional and talked to one of the family birth place nurses. I told her I was about 4 weeks early and contracting but my water hadn't broke yet. She said to definitely come in. Cody had to stay at work for me and we were sure it was nothing, so I called my mom. She came and picked me up from work and took me to the hospital.
They had me change, took my BP, it was pretty high which is okay, they told me, as long as there was no protein in my urine. Dr. Housel had tested for that 10 days earlier and there was no sign of it, so I was sure there still wouldn't be.They took a urine sample and said they'd be back. Thankfully, Dr Housel was the Attending on call that morning, so he came in and checked me himself. He said he was a little concerned with my BP being so high, so they were going to do some blood work and urine sample. The nurse decides to pipe in and say, oh I already did the urine sample and its 4+ protein. (the band to take my bp is going off again) It was like 208/165. I started like hyper ventilating. I was SO not ready for that baby, and my partner wasn't there. No way jose.
So I get into my own room, they can't start the IV cause I was a huge whale and all my veins were hidden by water. They called the Nurse anesthetist and even he couldn't get an IV in my watery arms.
So they finally got one, after being in labor and on pitocin for 13 hrs I had to get an epidural. Bad news was, I was only a 1. Everything was smooth sailing after that except I wasn't dilating and the babies heart rate would drop after every contraction. I was barely a 3 after about 17 hrs so Dr Housel came in a broke my water. He waltzes in in his Khaki shorts, T shirt and flip flops, breaks my water and tells me he will see me in a few hours.
About 3AM Isaak's heart rate would drop into the high 20's when it should be in the 120's. They couldn't tell if it was just a bad reading. So they put a heart rate monitor in his little head while he was still in my tummy. How? I have no idea.
My epidural was starting to wear off so I was pushing that button every 15 minutes to get more. Finally about 5:45am I was a 9 and they said to start pushing. Okay, remember the epidural wearing off thing? Ya not the greatest thing to have happen when they say start pushing. After 2 hrs of pushing they said they'd try the vacuum and if that didn't work they would have to do a c section. I told that baby in my tummy (through ESP obviously) that he better get his little bum out of my body because  I was not going through 28 hrs of labor and  2 of that being actual pushing for them to just cut him out. No sir. So finally at 7:55 am. Isaak Tripp Taylor made his debut to the world. 4lbs 14oz 17 inches long. He was the most beautiful thing I had ever laid my eyes on.
SInce I was so early they had the NICU staff in the room. They checked him out and said he was breathing good and gave him an apgar score of 8 or 9. Daddy got his turn to hold him first. When they gave him to me, I was so groggy I thought he was purposely blowing bubbles. Looking back on his pictyures he was purple as can be, but it was so dark in the room I couldnt tell. my nurse called the NICU and they came and got him. They took Cody so he knew where to go. they said they weren't sure how long he'd have to be in there, but they'd let us know. (NICU part to be continued)
I am so thankful for the opportunity to be Isaak's mommy. He is the worlds sweetest boy. I  am thankful for Cody and his hard work and sacrifice for us. I am thankful for the companionship and love we share. He is the most patient loving man I know. How many guys would wipe your sweat while your in labor and sneak orange soda into your ice cube cup? He was there every step of the way of my pregnancy and has been every day since. Isaak and I love you so much Babe and we are so grateful you are part of our lives. 

1 comment:

  1. I'm so happy you finally posted. :) Congratulations, hun! He sure is an adorable baby boy! Love you!

    ReplyDelete